Sunday 20 July 2008

The clock ticks life away..

75 minutes to go...

Wikipedia tells me that I'll now be in the exalted company of Ana Ivanovic, Nicklas Bendtner, Anderson, Aaron Carter and Bow Wow, to name a few. The list goes on to list a thousand other names ranging from the strangely familiar (Michael Cera, Cybil..) to the completely unknown (Begüm Dalgalar?). As I went through it, I found myself wondering, not for the first time, whether I even deserved to be in that list, albeit with a million other losers for company. At times I wonder, is it just me or do all twenty-year olds love watching Tom and Jerry? Does Bendtner still wear a helmet and pretend to be Darth Vader? Does Anderson still spend hours playing with his Hot Wheels collection, painstakingly collected over 17 years of haggles and bargains? Life has been a blur. Age has come about far sooner than I would have liked it to, and sadly, maturity seems to taking its own jolly time to set in, leaving me stuck between a world where I don't belong and another where I shouldn't.

My melancholic reverie, sadly, was cut dismally short by the Envious Samaritan's remark, made more than half seriously, that I'm fast turning into a far gloomier version of the Decayed Canine. Scary thought that.

P.S: Contrary to what the title might suggest, I still loathe Linkin Park.

Footnote (courtesy Lefty): In a curious coincidence, HHH turned 18 this 18th, I turn 20 this 20th and Lefty 21 on the 21st.

Kaka, unfortunately, doesn't turn 24 this Thursday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Err....congrats, I guess. Suggest me any nice things you would like to hear.

Murty said...

I noticed that numerology thing, too! (It isn't numerology I know.)

And, sorry for disappointing you with the fact that I've only turned 18...(Nya na na nya nya!)

Amit... said...

Well...I don't blame you for all that pessimism. I guess the over generosity of IIT admin do that to almost all the junta.

Saagar said...

happy happy
pity you are sad sad

Anonymous said...

@rapu
How about 'happy birthday'?

@HHH
Ah! If only...

@amit
It's not just the IIT admin, it's life itself that sucks..

Turn 20 and you'll know.

@Lefty
Your frequent '20 is a dip, then uphill all the way' monologues didn't help either.

Bihari Potter said...

true i dont turn 24 this thursday but with all the white hairs setting in I surely do give the impression that I am much more than that!!
Anyways, stop moaning and start celebrating!!!!